A Warm Welcome to more than 1000 Posts
Living on Donations. Subscriptions. Bio.
In this Post, you will find more than 1000 posts on a wide range of themes for daily life, plus announcements of retreats and Zoom meetings.
I continue to use WordPress for its outreach. The free version of WordPress has kindly hosted around 1070 blogs over the past 15 years with around 950,000 views. I plan to write a blog/post when the number reaches 1,000,000 in the summer of 2023.
The post will contain links to the most popular blogs. Popular blogs include pros and cons of Buddhism, critiques of consumerism in spirituality, love of rock songs with depths of lyrics and the limits of mindfulness.
Why am I shifting to Substack? Five primary reasons:
1. To join a growing community of writers/artists/journalists using Substack.
2. Substack take care of all the ongoing updates of the software. This feature was not available with WordPress, a software system for hosting blogs and more.
3. I can make an audio with the blog. This will be useful for the poems, guided meditations, reflections, transcriptions of talks, comments on music, book reviews and prose in the blogs. I will continue to offer some blogs on first-hand experiences. I will record some longer essays and critiques forming them into 15-minute sections. Subscribers can listen to a blog in various environments.
4. Substack does not charge a monthly/annual fee, The website enables subscribers to donate a sum per month, such as $5.00 to per month to the blogger. Substack receive 10%.
5. The blog also includes a space on the left side of the blog for a photo. I have around 17,500 of my photos on Flickr in more than 150 albums. I can draw from the photos taken around the world on retreats, yatras (pilgrimages), monasteries, nature, cities, protests, Totnes and more.
I will continue to write around two or three blogs per week. Currently(early January 2023, around 930,00 views of the blogs have taken place. In the summer of 2023, blogs will probably pass one million views.
Jude Butler, my IT consultant, ensures here at home the smooth running of the websites, book publishing, blogs, social media and more. Her immense skills enable me to concentrate on writing for readers worldwide.
Christopher Titmuss bio
Christopher Titmuss, a senior Dharma teacher in the West, offers retreats, facilitates pilgrimages and leads Zoom meetings in five time zones.
His teachings focus on insight meditation (vipassana), the expansive heart and enquiry into emptiness/liberation. Poet, social critic and blogger, he is the author of more than 20 books including Light on Enlightenment, Spiritual Roots of Mindfulness and Poems from the Edge of Time.
In 2021, Christopher wrote a 500-page Memoir, Ten Years and Ten Days, of his years in the East including six years as a Buddhist monk. (Books available on Amazon).
He is the founder of Mindfulness Teacher Training Course. More than 1000 of his talks are freely available on www.archive.org and as podcasts. He lives in Totnes, Devon, England.
Christopher has four grandchildren. Nshorna, his only child, is the founder and CEO of The Wise Lotus Centre in Letchworth Garden City, Herts, UK – 35 minutes on train north of London
I have been living on donations since 1970 when I ordained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand. I disrobed in 1976.
All teachings have been offered on a donation basis. Donations contribute to cover all the office/administrative costs and daily life expenses.
If you wish, you might like to become a paid monthly subscriber. Substack set the minimum at around $7.00 per month. Your paid subscription will go directly to support the teachings, office expenses and administrative costs. Your monthly gift supports the family and myself.
Paid subscribers will receive the same content as everybody else.
You will see an invitation to donate. If you do not wish to donate at this time, then click below where it says Not Now and you will go direct to the blogs.
You can also go to the donations page on my website here.
Donations can be paid via PayPal, Stripe, bank transfer.
Please use the Unsubscribe option at the foot of this email if you do not wish to receive any more posts.